You might have experienced a hard time getting girls. To be more specific, you might had a hard time winning a Hong Kong girl. It’s not only because Hong Kong girls now are getting more educated and successful in career (which some guys find threatened), but because there are some certain aspects of Hong Kong girls’ personalities that make them hard to get. This type of Hong Kong girls can be super sweet and poisonous at the same time. They can be a flower in the sun, the soft mist in the morning, but they can also be a mosquito in a Sunday hike (that bites you 5 times in 1 minute) and a nightmare in the hell.
(This post is modified on May 1, 2013 due to the author’s continuous realization of what Hong Kong girls are actually like)
So here’s what they look like:
They think that they’re a princess (sometimes a queen) and that they’re dreaming of a prince to come to them and carry them away onto a white horse, running to a never-land. They spend hours every day dreaming of their perfect man in head, but won’t do anything to look for them (a princess don’t need to work!) but merely sit in their home watching lame TV shows.
That’s why they like everything in pink, the official favourite colour of a princess.
- Pink nails
- Pink Hello Kitty cushion, headphones, bags and wallet etc.
- Pink bras and underwear (with excessive lace trims)
How the “Princess” emerged?
Hong Kong girls’ princess-like instinct has been gradually developed because:
- Lots of Korean soap TV series and Taiwanese teenage dramas have been excessively illustrating the “perfect prince-like boyfriend” who are flawless in every single way – being handsome, rich, caring and not playboy-like.
- Watching animation is a great part of a primary-school kid’s life and the girls’ brains are inevitably instilled with the dreaminess of the Disneyland characters (e.g. the 6 princesses) and Hello Kitty.
2. Ultra Materialistic
This is their instinct, you just can’t change. You won’t find it hard to see Hong Kong girls carry Louis Vuitton and Gucci bags (real or fake) on the street. This can be reflect in:
- Whenever there is a big day (like their birthday, Valentine’s Day or Christmas), they expect their boyfriend to buy them brandname products
- Getting more brandname products means you’re being more popular among your friends
- Even though their’re not carrying a designer bag, they will still do some research and talk about it as if they’re owning it
So that in the end, people would think that they got taste and they are classy.
3. Always in Control
It basically means:
- “I can meet other guys though I’m being your girlfriend but you cannot see other girls”
- “Give me at least 10 phone calls per day to report to me what you have done”
- “Why the hell you didn’t answer your phone? Were you with other girls?”
- “Give me your pay check, I will do the deposit for you”
Of course they can be a sweetheart. They don’t mind putting massive effort in making you feel like you’re the best person in the world. If a Hong Kong girl really likes you and falls for you, they will homemade stuff for you as if you become their husband already. They will learn those household skills like the following (which are good for the education industry):
- Cake baking
They will love you to the point that they cannot live without you and see you as a part of her family, so she will be willing to do those things above to take care of your life. But beware that sometimes they glue themselves too much to you that if you don’t show the same level of care, they will feel very depressed.
Don’t try to judge me why I’m being so negative to Hong Kong girls. These facts are true, and in fact some guys will prefer a mix of some of the characteristics above. I mean, do you want your girlfriend to be one that who are so obedient that she only says yes and never gives out her own opinion?
Categories: Guys and Girls